Everybody wants to have a green lawn because it looks good. Green grass can avoid soil erosion, it can absorb carbon dioxide, and it minimizes flood. Much as we want to have green grass in our homes, sometimes the weather does not permit us to experience it.
Thanks to artificial grass, at least we can now see life in our backyard. Artificial grass or turf is commonly used in sports arenas. It has been used since 1960’s in sports like baseball, football, hockey, tennis, golf, and rugby. The main reason why we often see artificial grass in areas like this it is because it does not require irrigation and trimming. Domes doesn’t offer enough sunlight to real grasses, thus most organizers turn to artificial grass for their set-up.
Artificial grass is gaining popularity at homes today because it can be used in lawns, dog runs, play areas, pool areas, and decorative borders. Homeowners are switching to artificial grass because they have high water bills, they don’t want to spend money on the fertilizer, and they don’t want to trim the grasses from time to time. Artificial grasses are made with nylon, polyethylene, or propylene which has been colored to look like real grass and threaded carefully to let water get through it.
Check out some of the best artificial grass that you can try at your home:
Zen Garden Premium Synthetic Grass
Are you looking for a soft synthetic grass? You can try the Zen Garden grass. The Zen Garden synthetic grass is lush and soft. It comes in 4 shades which give a natural look to the grasses. Its back is made of rubber and it also has drainage holes. The grass blades are 1.7″ in length. It comes in different sizes such as 5′ x 3.3′ (16.5 square feet), 13.2′ x 6.5′ (86 square feet), 40′ x 28′ (8 square feet), 8′ x 5′ (40 square feet), 23′ x 13.2′ (304 square feet), 10′ x 6.5′ (65 square feet) and 24′ x 20′ (3 square feet). You can also cut it depending upon your exact requirements.
This artificial grass requires low maintenance, unlike other products. You can put it on your lawn and let your puppy play on it! Since it is sometimes impractical to walk on the road and bring your puppy with you, you can just set-up an artificial grass inside your patio.
Artificial Lawn Synthetic Turf
The Artificial Lawn synthetic turf is good for landscaping and pet area. It is available in different sizes from 2′ x 3′ to 16′ x 4′. Its back is covered in rubber with drainage holes.
The product is strong and durable and it can stand to scratches of your pets. It can be a potty zone for your pets such as the dogs. It is available in 4-tones of green that makes it look natural, and it is coated with UV protection to prevent fading of the color and product tearing.
This artificial grass can be easily set-up in your patio, you can just staple it and let your dogs play in their new area!
Synturfmats Artificial Grass
Synturfmats artificial grass is great for your house decoration. It can be used in your patio, roof, room, garden, pool, terrace, and even pet area. It has 4-tone blades which give the grass a natural appearance. The back is covered in rubber and with drainage holes with it.
It is eco-friendly and it is long lasting. It does not release any toxic chemicals which are harmful to the environment. It has UV protection that prevents fading of the colors and product tearing. The blades of the grass measures about one inch or 25mm. It can be easily washed or cleaned with debris and can be cut according to your design.
It is available in different sizes from 2′ x 3′ to 18 ‘ x 40’. It has no lumps, bumps or humps, and it lays flat and looks good in your home!
LITA Realistic indoor/outdoor artificial grass
The LITA artificial grass is another product to try for your lawn. It is available in different sizes such as 13 ft X 7 ft = 91 sq ft, 3.3 ft X 5 ft = 16.5 ft, 3.3 ft X 5 ft = 16.5 ft, 13 ft X 40 ft =520 sq ft, 25 ft x 13 ft = 325 sq ft, 5.5 ft X 6.5 ft =35 sq ft, 5.5 ft X 6.5 ft =35 sq ft, 40 in X 28 in =8 sq ft.
This artificial grass is made of a high-quality synthetic (plastic) material which is UV resistant polyethylene and polypropylene yarns. It is eco-friendly and non-toxic. It is available in 4 colors which make the grass look natural and real. Its blade height is 1 3/8 inches and it is perfect for indoor or outdoor projects.
The back is covered with durable rubber and it has drainage holes as well. It can be glued, sewn, or stapled on your project. It can also be cut to fit your design.The artificial grass can be washed from time to time to remove the dirt on it. Overall, the artificial grass is strong and it looks great too!
Turf Mats Direct Premium Synthetic Turf Artificial Grass
Another product to try is the Turf Mats Direct premium synthetic grass. It comes in different sizes such as 3′ x 3′, 3′ x 4′, 4′ x 7′, 4′ x 8′, 5′ x 5′, 5′ x 8′, 5′ x 10′, 5′ x 12′, 6′ x 8′, 6’x 10′, 6′ x 15′, 7′ x 10′, 7′ x 12′, and 7′ x 15′.
It is made in eco-friendly and top quality raw material. Its back is made of rubber and it also has drainage holes thus liquid can flow easily from the grass. This artificial grass is great for garden, terraces, pets, and lawns. It can be cut to different sizes too depending on your design.
The grass blades height is approximately one inch or 255 mm. Its colors are shades of green which makes it look real too. From only a foot away, your friends won’t notice that your lawn is covered with artificial grass so you might want to grab one now!
What to Look For
Apart from the products, it is also helpful to know the general features to look for when buying an artificial grass. Make sure to choose products that suit your need. Here are the general features:
- Quality-The first feature to look out for is the quality of the artificial grass. Choose those products which are made in durable materials such as polyethylene or high-quality synthetic fibers. Check as well the height of the grass blades, make sure that it is not too high and not too low. A rubber back covering is also good for your artificial grass. Opt for products that have drainage holes and is very easy to clean. Choose products based on your needs or how are you going to use it. If you are searching for a synthetic grass for your room, then a finer grass rug is suitable for you and this must be child-friendly. But if you would like to install in on your pet’s corner, then a bigger fiber will be the right product for you.
- Installation- Another consideration is the installation of the artificial grass. There are installation options such as putting pads, underlay, or flooring on the grass. There are grasses that can be easily sealed, stapled or glued in the patio. Choose for products that can be easily installed but can truly last a long time in your area. You can install artificial grasses on your own or you can also hire professionals to do the job.
- Infill and backing- Artificial grasses needs infill to make it lush. The most commonly used infills are rubber crumb and sand, and you can also have it on your grass depending on your preference and your budget. If you are not 100% sure of the infill and backing, don’t hesitate to ask help from an expert.
- Colors- Artificial grasses comes in different colors such as green, lavender, blue, white, brown, and even bright colors such as pink and red. The most used color is, of course, shades of green. You can opt to buy different grass color depending on where will you put it in your house.
- Maintenance- Artificial grass requires less maintenance than natural grass. However, you need to know as well the maintenance of artificial grass to make it last longer. Choose a product depending on the amount of time you can spend maintaining it. Determine how the grasses could be cleaned and how must you use it. Determine the cleaning products needed so you won’t tear the grass or make its colors fade.
In sum, many people are switching to the use of artificial grass because they wanted to protect their family. It is indeed a life saver for those wanting their homes to look good and feel safe. Parents buy these grass to put on their garden so their kids won’t get dirty and messy as they play. Pet lovers buy these grasses because they wanted to let their dog play in the grass even if growing real grasses in their lawns are impossible due to the limited supply of water. The benefits outweigh other issues of using fake grasses, and that is indeed amazing.
If you want to buy these artificial grasses, make sure to check the above-mentioned products. Take note as well the buying guide so you won’t waste your time, money, and effort in buying artificial grass in the future.