- Happy Sales HSCSS4 Stainless Steel Chopsticks
- finessCity Titanium Chopsticks with Aluminium Case
- Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks
- Totally Bamboo Twist Chopsticks, Reusable
- Stainless Steel Chopsticks- Twist Apart Reusable Travel Chopsticks with Pouch by D’Eco
- What to Look For
Reusable chopsticks are an environmentally sound option to using the traditional wooden pair. The use of chopsticks originated in the east. It served as their primary utensil for cooking and eating. Over time, it also became popular throughout the rest of the world thanks in part to the acceptance of Asian cuisine.
Disposable chopsticks made of wood such as bamboo first appeared in 1878. Although cost-effective and easy to manufacture, it contributed to deforestation. Hence, it became a harmful practice for the environment.
Reusable chopsticks are practical and beneficial to the environment. Titanium, stainless steel, and melamine are some of the materials used to create the varieties sold to date. Aside from being functional, you can consider some sets of reusable chopsticks as works of art because of their intricate designs. Indeed, some are ideal to give away as a gift box or as a personalized present.
An online search for reusable chopsticks will bring up a long list of options. Each one has something to offer that could possibly catch your attention. We highlight the best reusable chopsticks available to date. Find out what makes them better compared to the rest.
Happy Sales HSCSS4 Stainless Steel Chopsticks
The Happy Sales HSCSS4 Stainless Steel Chopsticks are crafted for aesthetic appeal and whimsy. But more than being beautiful, they provide two practical uses. The handle’s spiral decoration makes it slip resistant. This is helpful for beginners who are still learning how to use chopsticks.
It is made of hollow stainless steel so it’s not as heavy to hold. The pointed tips have small circles designed to grip food so there are lesser chances of dropping every bite you pick up.
Each package comes with a set of five reusable chopsticks. This makes it ideal for a family or for an occasional party. It is recommended to hand wash these after every use. The product measures 9 x 4 x 0.5 inches and each set weighs 2.4 ounces.
finessCity Titanium Chopsticks with Aluminium Case
The finessCity Titanium Chopsticks with Aluminium Case is designed for personal use, either at home or on the road. Each pair comes in a sturdy aluminum case for safe keeping. Choose from five colors grey, blue, orange, pink, and purple. It’s small enough to fit into your bag. The case’s quality construction ensures your reusable chopsticks remain clean and straight.
Made of titanium, this pair of reusable chopsticks are guaranteed to last for a long time. Moreover, they are lighter than the stainless steel variety. It’s also resistant to corrosion and varying temperatures so you can use for hot or cold meals. You don’t have to worry about molds as its make and construction inhibits the growth of bacteria.
The product measures 0.8 x 0.5 x 10 inches and weighs 0.8 ounces. It’s both functional and stylish. So, every meal you eat would be a treat using the finessCity Titanium Chopsticks. Alternatively, you won’t be embarrassed to give this as a gift to someone special.
Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks
The Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks are great for everyday use. Yet you’d be very proud to bring them out when entertaining guests at home. It has a delicate swirl pattern for its handles that makes it elegant to look at on the table. The tips have grooves that allow it to grip food efficiently.
For convenience, the Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks are dishwasher safe. Made of metal and silver tone, it’s also durable but light enough for kids to use. Each package comes with 5 pairs of reusable chopsticks.
The product measures 7 x 5 x 0.5 inches and it has a total weight of 4.8 ounces. It is also available in a set of 10 pairs. Rbenxia offers metal chopsticks with a floral print as well.
Totally Bamboo Twist Chopsticks, Reusable
Totally Bamboo takes pride in producing quality reusable chopsticks that do not harm the environment. Its product is made from Moso bamboo grown in Shanghai, China. The characteristics of this variety of bamboo make it ideal to craft into kitchen items such as chopping boards and chopsticks.
It is resistant to shrinkage and swelling. In addition, it’s not porous. Moso bamboo is durable and proven stronger than most hardwoods like maple or oak.
The Totally Bamboo Twist Reusable Chopsticks are a blend of form and function. It has an attractive twist design that highlights the natural grain of the bamboo. At the same time, it makes it easier to hold while eating.
However, it is not advisable to throw these in the dishwasher after use. The manufacturer recommends hand washing them and then drying them afterward with a soft towel to make sure it will last for a long time. The item is longer than the average chopsticks sold measuring 10.3 x 5 x 0.4 inches. It weighs 0.8 ounces.
Stainless Steel Chopsticks- Twist Apart Reusable Travel Chopsticks with Pouch by D’Eco
D’Eco’s Stainless Steel Chopsticks’ twist apart feature distinguishes it from other brands in the market. This makes it the ideal travel companion when heading to your favorite restaurant or on a trip out of town or even overseas.
The Stainless Steel Chopsticks- Twist Apart Reusable Chopsticks from D’Eco comes with a pouch for convenience when traveling. When disassembled, the pieces measure about 5 inches. Hence, it makes it easy to store in your front shirt pocket. Other brands boast of the same handiness. However, their lengths make it difficult to put them in your pocket. As a result, you’ll need another bag or pouch to carry the case in.
This product will save you from using the disposable kind still present in most restaurant tables. It is safe for dishwasher use so you can easily add it to your regular load. It measures 5 x 4 x 0.7 inches and weighs 4.8 ounces. This item is sold in sets of 2s, 4s, and 8s.
What to Look For
Getting the best reusable chopsticks requires careful deliberation especially if you plan to use it a lot every time you eat. If so, then you’ll want to get a pair or a set that’s durable to use again and again. More importantly, it should be food safe. Knowing what to look for when shopping for reusable chopsticks will help make your search easier.
- Purpose – What do you intend to do with reusable chopsticks? Will you use it for cooking or eating? If the latter, then do you plan to use it as your daily food utensil or would you only bring them out for special occasions? Reusable chopsticks intended for cooking are typically longer than those used to eat with are. Moreover, cooking chopsticks would have a handle that makes it easier to hold when it’s hot. On the other hand, reusable chopsticks are also popular as presents. Indeed, some brands sell their product in a gift box packaging. Alternatively, some sell reusable chopsticks with a case that makes it ideal for traveling.
- Price – How much are you willing to spend for reusable chopsticks? The cost varies depending on material and design. You can get a set for less than $10.00. Yet at the same time, you can expect to find a pair worth over $15.00. Handcrafted pieces would cost more. So, chances are you would reserve their use for special occasions.
- Material – A variety of materials are used to create reusable chopsticks like titanium, stainless steel, and melamine. Bamboo is still popularly used but is now eco- friendlier compared to its predecessors. Experts recommend avoiding the painted variety of reusable chopsticks especially if their source is unspecified or the manufacturer is not reputable. The paint used might contain lead or benzene that is harmful if ingested.
- Tip – Chopsticks can have either a pointed or a blunt tip. The former is characteristic of Japanese chopsticks. Typically, 8 inches long, the Japanese variety is rounded and has a pointed tip. Chinese chopsticks are rectangular and measure longer at 10 inches up to their blunted ends.
- Your level of experience – Mastering the use of chopsticks is a skill anyone can achieve. But if you are a beginner and you plan to buy reusable chopsticks for this purpose it might be best to consider those made of plastic or bamboo. These are lightweight and easy to use for practice. Moreover, these are not expensive. So, if get frustrated and throw them you won’t feel so bad if they break. However, if you are an expert then you certainly have many options to choose from.
- Care – Is it dishwasher safe or is it better to hand wash it instead? It is best to verify this beforehand rather than finding out later on that you shouldn’t throw it into the dishwasher.
Reusable chopsticks are a boon to the environment. So by choosing to buy a pair or a set, you are doing your share in taking care of it. At the same time, you get to enjoy having your own chopsticks to use whenever and wherever you want.
Indeed, it will be a wonderful addition to your kitchen. Alternatively, you can give it as a gift to someone special. Whether you buy it for yourself or for others, keep in mind these factors – purpose, price, material, tip, the level of experience, and care to help you find the best reusable chopsticks. These top choices for reusable chopsticks are worth checking out.